Pages

Monday 19 November 2018

The tree

While walking through a forest I heard echoing of someone screaming. Immediately without thinking I start climbing a tree, But the higher I got the louder it was. I looked down searching for the unusual sound. I failed to find it until I felt twigs falling on my shoulder. Looking up I see a dead body hanging above me. My body filled with fear, was frozen. I couldn’t move, think and speak. I let go and fell all the way down landing on leaves and twigs. Taking my last breath I hear footsteps come closer behind me. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP. I banged the alarm and fell off my bed. I stare at the roof realizing it was all a dream. Sitting up, I look at the time. “Rangi time to get ready for school” yells my mum. “ Ok be out in a sec” I  yell back. As I reach out for my glasses I hear smashing from outside. I wriggle my glasses onto my nose and peek outside my bedroom window. At first I see nothing but my neighbour walking down the street, but then the unexpected happens. He begins walking into my driveway with his hand behind his back. 

I scream my heart out, trying to warn my parents of a intruder. But as hard as I yell, nothing comes out my mouth. My whole body froze as I hear the sounds of my parents screaming. I panic and hide in the closet, reach in my pocket and search for my phone. I then remember that I had left my phone on my bed. I cuddle myself hoping nothing bad will happen, hoping it was all a dream. Footsteps approach my bedroom, coming closer and closer. Louder and louder. The sounds of nails scratching the wall, make me lose hope. Looking up i see the door knob slowly twist. I take a breath and close my eyes. Facing head down I hear the door open “ Take me, I don’t care anymore, I understand why you’re doing this, I deserve it”. As i look up my face turns blank.

“Ahahaha you should’ve seen your face”. I wipe away my tears and punch Tj’s arms “You retard that wasn’t funny” I say “Your prank was worse what are you on about?!” yells Tj. I go quiet and just stand “Haha shame told ya i’d get you back”. “Wait how did …” “Honey you ok?” says a voice from the door I look to my side and see my mom and dad standing there, Laughing. “I get it, you want the pranking to stop, dont you?” They all start laughing and nod their heads.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trinty

    It me Rosaleen I love the way how you do your work well done on you keep it up and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story trinity I really enjoy reading it and I would like to read more from you,well done and keep up the good work MERRY X-MAS.

    ReplyDelete